Translate

11/10/2006

Yarnographic Friday

Just gotta show you this! I ordered it for Christmas for my sister and brother-in-law. I decided to quote from the catalog rather than trying to describe it myself:

"Watch beauty unfold before your eyes. Drop a Flowering Tea rosette into the clear glass pot, pour in boiling water, and the rosette slowly opens into a fabulous blossom. Steep 2–3 minutes and enjoy. Each rosette is hand-sewn using premium tea leaves and fine cotton thread; each may be used up to 4 times. Set includes 9 different (and delicious) white, green, and black teas, 14-oz. teapot, and strainer, all nestled in a handcrafted mahogany stained bamboo chest. A spectacular gift for the tea connoisseur. Chest is 11"w x 4 ½"h x 7 ¼"d."

I ordered it at www.acaciacatalog.com
On to Friday's yarn... If ever there were Fall colors, this yarn has them! Isn't it beautiful? I love-love-love it! My dear SP9 sent four balls of this Patons SWS --- soy wool stripes. It is so soft and scrumptious! The colors blend beautifully. This will be fun to knit! The balls are 2.8 ounces each and the blend is 70% wool and 30% soy. She also sent a pattern for a felted entrelac suki bag that would be so pretty in this yarn.


We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy. ---Colossians 1:11

5 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

I hear it makes great Fuzzy Feet too! Very pretty stuff!

Avrienne said...

I keep hearing good things about this yarn, so keep us posted on how it works up. It would definitely look soooo good in entrelac...

Kerry said...

The tea set is awesome! I've been dying to try some of the flowers. They are so pretty.

There certainly is lots of buzz about the SWS. Can't wait to hear how you like it. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love that yarn!!

Zonda said...

Lovely colors! I have to use mine soon! :)