A Year By The Sea: Thoughts of an Unfinished Woman by Joan Anderson
Having completed the knitting, I'm ready to do the oragami-like folding to transform this piece from blob to sweater. Lay it out with wrong side facing you.
Fold the left side toward the center. Note the green marker is moved from lower left toward the center.
Excel in showing respect for each other. Romans 12:10 b
1. A change of pace is the best thing about traveling.
2. I love a good hot bath when I'm cold.
3. I often use hand lotion.
4. I'm reading The Royals and the Roosevelts right now; I am fascinated by the historical details in it.
5. Finance is something I dislike talking about.
6. When I visited Italy I most looked forward to seeing the golden Tuscan hills.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to talking with my son, tomorrow my plans include reading & knitting and Sunday, I want to have a family dinner!
Hardcover books are my preference because I enjoy the solid feel and texture of the book cover and the better quality paper. This question has led me to realize that reading is a multi-sensory experience for me as it relates to the format in itself. However, I have been purchasing books to enjoy on my iPod as well --- bringing in another sensory area.
1. Pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages.
2.Open the book to page 123 and find the 5th sentence.
3. Post the next 3 sentences.
4. Tag 5 people
" As the congressional members awaited the royal couple in the Capitol rotunda, Vice President Garner told inappropriate jokes and stories in an attempt to ease the tension. Spotting the king and queen, he yelled, 'The British are coming!'" Leading isolationist senator William Borah of Idaho was first in line to meet their Majesties as they stood awkwardly beneath a painting of British general Cornwallis' surrender at Yorktown, which no one would even had considered removing for this event."
You are tagged!!
- Love to dance.
- Love to be outdoors whenever possible.
- Love water at the ocean, boating on a lake, or taking a cruise.
- Love flowers and landscapes, but am not a gardener.
- Am very visual and can be deeply moved by whatever is eye appealing to me.
- Am playful--enjoy wit and humor.
- Deeply miss teaching even after a 34-year career.
Want to play along? Check Shawnee's blog for the details!
"Here’s something for Valentine’s Day. Have you ever fallen out of love with a favorite author? Was the last book you read by the author so bad, you broke up with them and haven’t read their work since? Could they ever lure you back?"
Yes, I could read her again when her writing returns to its previous compelling and literary level.
*******************This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. John 15:12
Dear Niece is expecting their second baby. Looking for something different to make, I settled on this star blanket at http://www.angelfire.com/va3/heartfeltangels/littlestarafghan.html . It's been a while since I've crocheted anything of this size, so it is the right project at the right time. With a G hook and left-over soft yarns, this is an easy and enjoyable project! I've just added a round of lavender. I plan to post a better pic when I get my cam back!
All of you should be of one mind, full of sympathy toward each other, loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds. 1 Peter 3:8 NLT