Translate

11/04/2006

The Big If

An overcast day is aided by massive emissions from the Great Western sugar plant. The plants, dotted through areas of Colorado, refine sugar beets to produce GW sugar.

Here's a fabulous site to get your "Daily Dose of Imagery" at http://wvs.topleftpixel.com/ The most beautiful photography is featured here---a new pic every day. It is a visually stimulating experience. Give it a try!

On the reading front, The Big If by Mark Costello became "The Big If Not'" for me. I read about a third of the book, skimmed, read, skimmed, skimmed,....well it just wasn't for me. The topic of the Secret Service protecting the VP in this work of fiction is just the sort of thing I enjoy reading. However, it also included character studies and vignettes removed from the actual story line, well what I considered the actual story line to be. So, the book is unfinished and I feel as though I missed something terrific. The book is a National Book Award finalist and a New York Times Notable Book. Ah well, on to 740 Park by Michael Gross. I am expecting great things from this tome!

I'm looking forward to more knitting time today. Working on the World ghan, I have completed South America and am now developing Africa. It all sounds sooo humanitarian, doesn't it??! :)


:::::::::::::::::::
The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, And all the sweet serenity of books.
---Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments: