Sp9 is coming soon!! Here are my questionnaire responses for my yet-to-be-named SP. Let's have fun!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I enjoy using different types of fibers and yarns. Would prefer not to have the "fun fur" type of yarn.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Needles—in a hand-thrown pottery pitcher/Hooks—in a case that I received in a swap.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Since 1962/Advanced
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, Amazon.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Fresh scents, nothing too sweet like vanilla or floral—I favor Yankee candles to put in my candle warmers.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Milk chocolate!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I crochet and do not spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Contemporary Christian music/MP3--yes
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? It really depends on the item.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Family=dearest husband, three adult children and their spouses, seven grandchildren/ My sweet dog, Max, a Boxer
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like to make a variety of items and don't have a single favorite.
13. What are you knitting right now? Rambling Rows baby blanket, an intarsia afghan, two short sleeve sweaters, probably a couple other items, too!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circular bamboo
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, swift and winder.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Ohmygosh!! 4 years!
18. I learned to knit in high school with a friend by reading books. A "yarn shop lady" helped with assembling my first project, a hooded long-sleeved sweater with a font placket. I wore it for many years!
19. What is your favorite holiday?4th of July
20. Is there anything that you collect? Dolls, hand-thrown pottery, owls
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None at the moment. I decided not to renew them since there are so many resources online and in my files. :) I would like some beaded stitch markers. Maybe I won't lose them as easily as I lose my small plastic markers!
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Modular, entrelac
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I have made socks, but do not typically knit them. ---10 inches long, 3 ¾ inches wide
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 02/26