Translate

10/31/2006

World Upheaval!


South America has been ripped three times!! Such upheaval!! Alas, creating the world is much more challenging that it appears to be in Genesis!!

About a year ago, I posted about creating the world---well, the world ghan for J. It's back there in the Archives from last Fall. A year later, I have just picked it up again. The knitting and the graphs are easy. Then there is the process of determining the best way to align the partial continents: row counting-nope, marking every twenty rows-nope, pinning the finished portion-nope. What's left? I am joining the pieces as I finish a section of the second strip in order to match the portions of the continents! Yes, that's it!

Although the pattern calls for knitting the five strips, then joining--I'm just not comfortable with that! So after about a full day of knitting, ripping, trying another method, I seem to have come upon the way that works for me---so far, that is! It has been slow going at this point, but I think I'll sail along from here. (Famous last words!)

It's a fun project since J colored the world map for me and I am following his color scheme rather than the pattern. So back to creating the world! Praise God for the work of His mighty hands!

:::::::::::::::
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. -- Henry Ford

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an undertaking! I'm very impressed!