Translate

1/04/2006

Am I Fickle?

So I'm happily knitting along on the world ghan--having fun with the charts and color changes. Also, I'm reading my emails from my Elizabeth Zimmerman group as they prepare for a KAL on the Baby Surprise Sweater (BSS). But, me? I'm not interested in joining in, after all, I am devoted to my world ghan. Until! Until the Day One directions popped up in my email. Before I knew it the size 9 circs and beautiful Plymouth Encore yarn in claret is in my hands! What can I say? This is an 11 day KAL and I'll have a wonderful toddler size sweater!

This one piece wonder will become a complete sweater when a couple of seams are sewn. That's it! Done! Does that even resemble a sweater? It's an amazing piece of engineering that Elizabeth Zimmerman achieved with this beauty. The many variations that can be used makes it a delightful pattern to repeat over and over and over in different striping patterns, different colors, sleeve lengths, with or without a collar. If you don't have The Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmerman, jump onto Amazon and take a look at this inspirational knitting book. And, for even more fun, check out the group at knitbabysurprise at Yahoo groups.


When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. -Elayne Boosler-

No comments: