Translate

12/05/2005

Hidden Content

Knitting is present here with mini-Max, pillow Max, and Mighty Max. Yes, it is indeed the blue and cream pillow I made for Max with Dive' Super Cotton Club and size 17 needles. A make-it-up-as-you-go project, it is a combination of stockinette and garter stitches. Very simple. Very fast Very Max! Do you see the wonderfulness on the window seat? There were serious doubts about the Gerbera daisies being left on the deck too long into the Fall weather. After slight
tending, the Lord gave me this beautiful gift! How glorious! Now I want the pot to be full of these luscious blooms that I so enjoyed in the summer!

A trip to the library is in order today to pick up Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy for the "Knit & Crochet the Classics" group project at http://knittheclassics.blogspot.com

This will be a welcome change after reading Leeway Cottage by Beth Gutcheon about the role of Denmark in the Resistance Movement of WWII after the main character, Annabell Sydney, marries a Danish musician. It is a sorrowful story that I didn't really enjoy. It is the story of lives--all lives--and war. The changes caused by aging lends a very strong sense of futility.
No joy.

Every setback might be the very thing that makes you carry on and fight all the harder and become that much better. --Les Paul

2 comments:

Whit said...

Thanks for the compliment on my button - I love your word croeated! I think I'll be using that one. I croeated a couple of new patterns myself this year. :O) I don't kniteate as often. lol

Pooch said...

Thanks, Whit. When in a vocabulary quandry, invent a word!

:)