Translate

7/09/2007

Pinning Ceremony

While Max and I sang traditional frat and sorority sweetheart songs, the scarf for the Red Scarf Project became pinned. A romantic moment indeed. But then, you knew that, didn't you?


The Red Scarf is resplendent on the quilt hand-stitched by my DMIL, a touching background for this magical moment. The ceremony took place in a spare bedroom.

This scarf is stockinette broken by three garter stitches on each side and bands of three ridges of garter placed where it "looked right" to me. Yes, I am very technical about my knitting, aren't I?
Big Red Scarf looked so lonely that I knitted a l'il buddy to be pinned right along-side him/her/it. Li'l Buddy will go to the Dulaan Project. (See side bar for links) Steaming will be celebrated later today.

Unfortunately, Li'l Buddy was a li'l too li'l so I added contrasting crochet edging to finish it.
Comments...I love comments...Thanks to any one who has taken time to leave a comment. They mean so much to me!!

To Rhonda & Paula: The Saturday sky picture was snapped east of Greeley, CO. It does have a natural sepia tint, doesn't it? I mean along with the squished bugs on the windshield.
Rhonda, I plan to use the yellow yarn to make these booties for charity http://vickiehowell.blogspot.com/2007/05/hugs-stitches.html and this teeny hat at http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_4826209,00.html

Paula: The yarn is very smooth and soft to the touch. I think it will have a nice hand when knit. Have you bought any yet? :)

----------------------------

She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. ---Prov.31:13

1 comment:

Paula said...

Oh I love your scarves!
I forgot about doing my Dulan project this year already.
Man the year is half over already.
Where did it go?

Anyway I better whip up a hat for them for next year.

I haven't bought any of the corn yarn yet.
I am going to go visit the LYS on next payeday.
I had to donate my yarn money to my Son's tuition bill last payday. Sheesh, I hope he knows how much I love him! :)