Translate

12/20/2012

Afghan Squares for Sandy Hook

These unblocked squares are for memory blankets for the families impacted by the Sandy Hook tragedy. If you would like to contribute, the information is here. The pattern for the daisy square is well-written and easy to follow, although my choice of the variegated red background looks a bit wonky because of the color changes!!!

 The squares were made with Plymouth Encore, some left-over yarn bits from other projects and a size H hook.
:::::::::

 "Any books you’re particularly hoping to be gifted this year? Any that you’re giving as presents this holiday season?"

I have opened a gift from one of my sons, who gave me a wish-list book, Cronkite by Douglas Brinkley. I plan to read it sometime in January when I can really dive into it for long stretches of time.
The Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins boxed gift set is wrapped and waiting under the tree for 13-year-old grandson. Several Amazon gift cards will go to other grands so they can select their books.
++Click on the button to answer the reading related question and to read the responses of others.++

No comments: