Translate

3/26/2007

Events of Different Sorts

I've been using cotton to knit face cloths for my carry-along knitting. What better book to read while knitting than A Deadly Yarn by Maggie Sefton?! :)





For my pay-attention and follow the graph knitting, I still have the World Map ghan. This is the final panel of four where I'm knitting my way through Australia having completed my creation of New Zealand!
Max had to go the Veterinary Teaching Hospital at Colorado State University http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/ for a cardiac work-up. They kept him all day, so I did the obvious thing.

I went to Lambspun http://www.lambspun.com/ and came away with a bag full of brightly colored yarn. Lambspun is the actual LYS where Maggie Sefton learned to knit and uses in her mystery series.


The yarn will become this. Can you stand it??! Is it not just the cutest blanket for a four-year-old boy? Of course, who knows how old he'll be when I finish it! This is a free pattern at www.crochetme.com/color-me . So, I happily came home with my yarn...

while dear, sweet Max came home with an event monitor taped to his back and a bandaged leg. Poor baby. It appears that the heart problem is minor and not the dreaded cardiac problems that Boxers are prone to have. He's nine years old, so there are some conditions being treated with meds and dietary changes. Praise God that there is nothing major wrong with him!


He was still a sick baby in this pic. You can tell just how thrilled he is with the event monitor taped to him. He is so good and hasn't bothered it a bit.

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
---Author Unknown



2 comments:

StarKnits said...

that blanket is going to be great. your poor dog, he's sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Poor Max! I hope he tolerates his meds and diet changes well.