Translate

1/06/2007

Book-book-book!

I have come late to the Page 123 meme via http://framedandbooked.blogspot.com/. I've done something similar in email and found it to be fun and interesting. Here's the blog version....

1. Grab the book closest to you.

2. Open to page 123, look down to the 5th sentence. (This looks deceptively easy. As I counted down 5 lines in my book, I noticed the periods and capital letters therein. Ah-hah! Can't fool me! Them's sentences in thar! You are forewarned! Ok...maybe it's just me!)

3. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog.

4. Include the title and the author's name.

5. Tag 3 People.


The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood

"Tobacco particulate thickens the air. A shelf of books: Auden, Veblen, Spengler, Steinbeck, Dos Passos, Tropic of Cancer, out in plain view, it must have been smuggled. Salammbo, Strange Fugitive, Twilight of the Idols, A Farewell to Arms."

Yes, indeed, a book with short, choppy sentences a la Papa Hemingway would have been nice for this meme! OK, I'm thinking I should research a couple of the above mentioned authors and titles. Nah--not at this time of night. Since I have yet to read page 123 of this book, I fear that those ringing sentences have truly spoiled the entire story line for me! Ya think?

Now for the FUN part. That would be #5, Tag three people. And, they are... (hearing a faint drum roll right about here)....

The amazingly aerobic Ann at http://wanderingcyberspace.typepad.com

The sweet Shelley at http://kittenyarnsandcrafts.blogspot.com/

and....

Beautiful Beth at http://watersedge.typepad.com/felt_like_knitting/

Do you have any idea of the great amount of self-control it is taking to stop at three??!! To follow the actual rules, for heaven's sake??! Wow! I am so proud of me!! ;)

I'll be checking on you ladies, so give it up!


Anyone else who is doing this, please leave a comment so I can read yours too!




If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. ---Catherine Aird

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll post mine later today. You're not going to be very excited by the book that's closest to me. :)

Paula said...

Max looks just so happy with his scarf!
I love the Fibonacci striping scarf you made. My son is a math major at school and has asked me to make him a Fibonacci striping blanket. But I am such a slow knitter it would take me forever to knit it. I may have to settle for a cap or socks with the Fibonacci sequence in it.

I wanted to let you know that something happened to The Fur Kids site on blogger and also my own blog had some troubles too with missing sections! But I can't figure out what happened to the Fur Kids site, every time I tried to go to it all I got was a commercial, I am so computer green most days that I ended up deleting it.
I liked the idea of a pet site but just ran out of time keeping up with it all so I am not going to try and redo the site. Sorry.

I hope you guys are doing okay with this weird weather going through the area.
Have a happy knitting January!