Translate

8/22/2006

Squared

This Heartmade Blessings comfort ghan is complete and ready to mail to the recipient, a recent widow. Each square maker attaches a tag with personal info and a message. I reattach the tags after I assemble and launder the ghan. Brain Teaser: Can you find my square? Hint: It's the one that isn't tagged yet. There! Wasn't that fun?! Since this ghan is draped over some vines to secure it to the fence, it isn't hanging square. It rilly-rilly-rilly isn't that wonky!


This view is to give you a closer look at the shell edging--- a very nice finishing edged with the green used for joining.

And, what have we here? Another close view!

A member of HMB made a tote bag to send along with the comfort ghan.

There were a couple of swingers at our house this weekend. So glad there was no computer-anything for four days for them. Instead....lots of outdoor play!

1John3 lays out the formula for achieving victory over sin:

1-Seek the Holy Spirit and God's Word

2-Avoid temptation

3-Seek help from the body of Christ

It looks so simple, doesn't it? 1-2-3! Being born of God, or born again, has given me an awesome place in the family of God. I am a child of God! I strive to reflect God's love to others. Real love is an action that I try to live in several personal and anonymous ministries for the church I attend.

v. 17 says--If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?

Amen.

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. ---Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The afghan looks very nice! Guess what? I was reading in 1John today, too.

Anonymous said...

Avoiding the temptation - now that's the hard part of 1.2.3. :o)

BEAUTIFUL afghan!

Paula said...

Oh that afghan sure came out beautiful!!! I really like how you did the edging too!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The afghan looks beautiful!

My bookmark is placed at 1 John and I'll be starting that soon.