Translate

10/18/2013

Fingerless Mitts

 
A cool Fall day is perfect for knitting by the fire place. How fitting that I was knitting fingerless mitts to give to my Dear Husband for Christmas.

 This simple rib pattern is perfect for men and women and is  free here. You can see more details and pictures of  mitts on Ravelry.
 
I used the ever wonderful Plymouth Encore Tweed in color T789 gray and two size 8 circular needles to knit in the round. Watching Cat Bordhi on You Tube certainly helped since I hadn't knit with two circs in quite a few years. It was so much fun to do this project---something a little different for me.
 
While this pattern is quite masculine, it would be great for a woman too. The stretchy fabric makes this an easy-to-fit pattern. It is my first FO for Christmas! The only other Christmas WIP at the moment is a crocheted throw for our eight-year-old DGS.
 
What's on your needles/hook?
 
Have a good weekend!


2 comments:

Spinster Beth said...

Oooh I envy you that fireplace! It sounds very nice, to knit in front of a warm fire!

Pom Pom said...

Pooch, the mitts are very cute! I have never made a pair of mitts and I think I should!