Translate

10/30/2013

A Mitt and A Square

Hello to Ginny, Tami, and all the "Yarn Along" yarnies. This week I am knitting the Number Nine block designed by Lily Chin in the pattern book "Great American Afghan". I've been doing so much crochet that I have yearned for more knitting recently.
The yarn is Plymouth Encore (as usual!) in beige with gray undertones and size 8 needles. Love this yarn and have used it for many years.

http://tamisamis.blogspot.com/


Also in the WIP department is the second fingerless mitt. Apparently, second sock syndrome applies to second mitt! Maybe the calendar will keep me on track to finish this quick knit side-to-side mitt?!
I'm cruising along with size 7 needles and could complete it in a couple of hours if I quit putting it
down and typing!
Still reading The Photograph by Penelope Lively. I just haven't been reading as much lately--too much happening so that I'm too tired to concentrate on a book. Sad.

So what is happening with your needles, hooks, and books?

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

It is so funny that sometimes my hands yearn for knitting needles and sometimes they yearn for a crochet hook, I can not explain why. I love Plymouth Encore yarn, it is sturdy, reliable and cost affective. Oh and by the way second sock syndrome, leads to second mitt syndrome and second sleeve syndrome.
Hugs,
Meredith

CathieJ said...

I have knit and crochet going at once right now. I was just knitting, quilting and cross-stitching but my hands were itching to crochet. I definitely know what you mean.