Translate

1/05/2012

It's Thursday! Book it!

Questions for this week:
If you could sit down and interview anyone, who would it be?
And, what would you ask them?

These simple questions are quite challenging! My first thought went to my great-grandmother, Sylvia, whom I knew as a child. I would ask her about her life in Tuscany, her childhood, what is was like to come to the US as an adult with her husband and children. I would love to hear her stories and see her bright smiling eyes again. 

A public figure and writer who immediately stepped forth in my thoughts is Eleanor Roosevelt. Though she was very active on assorted fronts, I would like to know how she spent her private moments when she was alone, without companions, and had that special sort of freedom in time and space.

"Ten Important Facts About Eleanor Roosevelt"
  1. Eleanor had six children and one died. She had 23 grandchildren and great grandchildren.
  2. Eleanor owned a furniture factory with friends.
  3. Eleanor wrote a daily newspaper column.
  4. Eleanor wrote a book called "Ladies of Courage" in 1954.
  5. Eleanor was on a daily radio commentary.
  6. Eleanor hosted a weekly television show.
  7. Eleanor delivered more than 100 lectures a year.
  8. Eleanor was elected chair of the U.N. Human Rights Commission in 1946.
  9. Eleanor was asked to chair a women's sub committee at the Democratic National Convention in 1924.
  10. Eleanor's husband, Franklin, was her fifth cousin once removed. "  

:: Who would you like to chat with and ask a few questions? ::

You can read more at BTT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be a great interview.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/booking-through-thursday.html

Beth said...

I think I'd have to copy you, but I'd choose my grandmas. One of my grandmas died when I was young so I didn't know her well. My other grandma died when I was in my 20s but there are so many things I'd like to ask her now that I've lived more of my life.