Translate

1/25/2012

Granny Baby Blanket


What are you reading? What are you knitting?
 Join in at Yarn Along and let us all know!


I'm enjoying Amy Tan's The Opposite of Fate which reads like a memoir and a biography of her Chinese mother. (Hmmm, and I read Diane Keaton in recent months. Do I have a theme developing?) The stories are her musings written separately yet connected overall. Her humor and lovely writing add to the pleasure that is this book.

 I've been crocheting another baby blanket for a girl. Well, the last one was knit, but--still--it's a baby blanket. I started with square Number 51. Sadly, it has no descriptive name, just a number, another cog in Big Brother's machine. Uh, so...Number 51 is located in Leisure Arts book, 99 Granny Squares To Crochet and begins with a sweet little flower surrounded by lace. I am repeating the outer rows and randomly making two lace rows in winter white as I continue. This yarn is Plymouth Encore WW in a very cheery pink and yellow.
Of course, it isn't always pretty, is it? There was a bit of ripping and restarting, but it's smooth sailing now. The pile of speckled blues yarn in the other basket is an in-progress shawl for the Prayer Shawl Ministry at my church. I bought the yarn last year at Stitches West to use for a prayer shawl. It was a bag of 10 balls of Linie 97 Iceland, discontinued and sold at a bargain price. I thought it would be fun to make a shawl with some funky yarn. However, the focus is on the baby blanket for now.
How about you?

Click above to see more!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I really love this pattern. I think I'll have to look up the granny square book, if it's still available.
JNCL
The Beauty of Eclecticism