Translate

1/06/2012

Friday Fibers and a Book

  
How to participate: Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments. Include the title and the author so we know what you're reading. Then, if you would like, let us know what your first impressions were based on that first line, and let us know if you liked or did not like the sentence. The link-up will be at A Few More Pages every Friday and will be open for the entire week.
 
From The Inside Ring by Mike Lawson: page 12, first sentences--

"The video begins with the President walking toward a marine helicopter. The rapids of the Chattooga River are visible behind the helicopter, and beyond the river is a dense pine forest, the ground rising sharply to a bluff overlooking a river."

Thus, the scene is set and I am ready for the action to begin. The plot and characters are very engaging, though the author's use of analogies need to be polished. My understanding is that this title was his first published work and the beginning of a series. I am approximately 50 pages into the book and think I will continue reading this series.
I was curious about the name of the river, Chattooga, and found that it indeed exist in NC, SC, and Georgia.

http://plumslife.blogspot.com

http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/

 
Now the holidays have passed and I am finishing the last section on this baby blanket. I'll add some girlie-girl trim and send it off for baby. Hope she has lots of cuddles and happies in this stripey blankie made with I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby. More details on the pattern and project are here http://yarnknitreadlit.blogspot.com/2011/11/baby-blanket-yarn-along.html
 
What are you reading and knitting?

3 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds like a good one! Thanks for sharing....

Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST and
MY WEBSITE

Vivian said...

Those are such pretty colors for a girlie girl blanket.

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I'm trying to decide on a baby blanket or layette set myself right now for my 5th great-grandchild. I think it's hard to decide when you don't know the sex or what the parents are decorating the nursery in beforehand. I might wait until I hear more before I decide but I'm looking at my options in the meantime. But it makes me want to knit everything. Love your blanket!