Translate

8/05/2010

WIP Baby Blanket

After searching for my camera for the past couple of weeks, I finally decided to use my phone cam so that I can post some pix of the baby blanket that I'm crocheting.

My only niece is expecting their third baby in September. A nephew and his gf are expecting--I think in January, so my sister is excited to have two new grands on the way!! Then, my hair dresser told me that she is pregnant. There you go -- things happening in threes. I'm making baby blankets here all of a sudden.




Dear Niece and her DH choose not to know the baby's gender until the birth, so I am crocheting this gender neutral --- or as I've been thinking of it, "non-denominational" --- little blanket with Mission Falls 1824 cotton and an I hook.

The pattern is "Accra Tri-Colored Baby Blanket", a free pattern at http://www.naturallycaron.com/ I have opted to use hdc rather than the sc in the pattern. As I have said many times, hdc is my favorite stitch because of the nice look it gives to items. Another adjustment I'm making is how I'm doing the embellishments. I've decided to crochet them separately, then stitch them to the blanket once the baby's gender/denomination is known. Hearts and flowers for a girl. Stars and possibly a heart in the center for a boy. This WIP is working up so quickly and is fun to make!

Blog Tip of the Day
http://www.mdupraw.blogspot.com/

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. ~~Colossians 3:17

1 comment:

Natalie Rush said...

Very pretty! :) Love the colors!