Translate

8/22/2010

Candy Corn Baby Ghan

The gift is completed for dear niece whose baby is due to arrive in September. This is knitted with stashed Plymouth Encore. The crocheted hearts are sewn on and sprinkled off-center to break up the stripes.

These colors remind me of Halloween candy corn, hence the name. As you can see, it is simple stripes in stockinette and garter done with size 11 needles. I randomly changed between the two stitches and the three colors according to what appealed to my eye. I did a variation of a picot edging with a size H crochet hook.

After I washed the blanket, I decided to run the lace wires through the picot to block it out and draw more attention to it.

Web Site Tip of the Day
http://www.knitmap.com/

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.  ~ John 15:5

3 comments:

Beth said...

It looks so cheerful!

Natalie Rush said...

Love Knitmap.com! This blanket is pretty cool too! :)

Beth said...

Candy corn, indeed! Love it! Thanks for linking up to Fibers on Friday...have a great weekend!