Translate

7/06/2008

Delta Queen Vacation


The company who arrived an hour after we returned from our travels have left after a week's stay. The house feels empty and quiet and DH, the doggies and I are recuperating from all the fun!

I was fascinated every time the gang plank was hoisted. We cruised five days and docked four times for shore trips.

Here is where the pilots guided us along the murky waters of the Ohio and Cumberland Rivers. The eagle and the colors are magnificent, though I don't know the significance of the mounted elk rack.



View from the deck



This portion of the library was just outside our stateroom and represents the many areas of the boat filled with antiques. Though I'm not an "antiquer", I do appreciate their value. Some might say I'M an antique, but that's a topic for another day!



This set caught my attention because of it's appealing contours. Surprisingly, it is quite comfortable. The foot stool fits beneath the chair when not in use.

Sadly the boat did not have an LYS, so one MUST locate them on shore. The first shop where I purchased patterns and Tonalita yarn was http://www.hausofyarn.com/ in Nashville, TN. The second stop was at http://www.yarnssoldandtold.com/ where I purchased gorgeous-gorgeous sale---yes, SALE!---yarns.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our
hearts
by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. ---Romans 5:5

2 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

I had always wanted to take a cruise on a river. It seemed like it would be so charming. I just love the views and rooms that you took pics of.
So glad you had a good time!

Firefly Nights said...

I've always wanted to cruise on the Delta Queen. This must have been an awesome vacation. Thanks for posting some photos. I'll bet you had tons of fun. I'd like to start in the northern part of the country and cruise all the way to New Orleans.