Translate

6/13/2006

Knocked Down Again

Another virus has taken hold, so I haven't been doing much knitting. I had been working on my Wobbly Tote (see side bar link) until the piece got big enough that I was too warm with all that wool! I am working on a new Comfort ghan for survivors of a soldier who died in the war. (See Heartmade Blessings in side bar.)

Summer semester has begun, so most of my energy goes to teaching time. I am going to do some course development this summer, but haven't been able to concentrate long enough to work on it at all.

I am currently reading The Ivy Chronicles by Karen Quinn, a frivolous but well-written novel about the pampered New York socialites who eagerly draw blood just to get their children enrolled in the most fashionable schools. Gripping, I know!

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
~~
~Henry Ford

No comments: