Translate

6/29/2006

Challenged


Well, I am appalled at myself!! Really! I fancy myself an avid reader. See all those books there! I read only two! For the Summer Reading Challenge 2006 as shown on a side bar button, I decided to set three books per month as my goal. Doesn't sound like much, I know! However, my thinking was that with teaching a 10-week summer session and doing course development, I probably wouldn't have much time for leisurely reading. So, as you can see, I was not being easy on myself. You can see that, can't you?

Moving right along, the books that I finished are

The Ivy Chronicles by Karen Quinn
and
The Columnist by Jeffrey Frank.

Now, there is this squeaker, which really doesn't qualify in my mind, but here I am mentioning it. I began to read Digging to America by Anne Tyler on May 26, which technically is before the official starting date. I read much of it in June, but I can hear the voices in my head yelling, "No fair!"

So there you have it--the saga of reaching 2/3 of my June book challenge goal. Beware!! On July 1st I'm going to dive into a new book and not come up for air until I have read--and thoroughly enjoyed--at least three books. I am just sayin' .


Goals are dreams with deadlines. --- Diana Scharf Hunt

No comments: