Translate

10/23/2012

The House of Velvet and Glass

It is Tuesday and time for a teaser from one of my current reads, The House of Velvet and Glass by Katherine Howe.

page 241: "Sibyl glanced back at the medium's face and saw that she knew what Sibyl had been looking for, and did not judge her."

This luscious, atmospheric novel is set in mid-19th century just after the sinking of the Titanic. I am savoring this read and recommend it to those  who enjoy historical fiction with the mysticism of that era.


What are you reading?


I have linked to Teaser Tuesday in the side bar.

3 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Might have to look into this one! Definitely sounds intriguing.

Here's my teaser: http://duckduckcow.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday-blue-is-for-nightmares.html

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Yes I do love a bit of history.
Mine is a famous novel: I love Dan Brown

Trish said...

That is my favourite era! I will have to take a closer look at this book. Even the cover looks lovely.