Translate

2/04/2012

The Paris Wife ~ A Novel

The Paris WifeThe Paris Wife by Paula McLain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the story of an insecure woman, Hadley Richardson,who marries an egomaniacal author, Ernest Hemingway. This is a novel based on facts of their sordid lives among their companions in 1920s Europe and the consequences of their immoral choices.

If you've read biographies and other material about Hemingway as well as his writing, be advised that there is no new material here. The beauty of the story is the evocative writing that places the reader in the scene moving along with the characters, seeing what they see, feeling what they feel.

This book is a page-turner that kept me awake way too late because I simply could not put it down.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

Ann Summerville said...

I haven't read anything about this and don't know the story so this would probably be a good one for me.

Marie said...

I have this book sitting on my to-be-read shelf. I hope to get to it soon. Nice review!!