Translate

11/02/2011

Cuff to Cuff

What are you reading? What are you knitting? Join in at Yarn Along and let us all know!



I've started a new book and a new project, though the book title isn't showing well here! I've just begun Red Hook Road by Ayelet Waldman and am enjoying the Maine setting and the introduction of families with deep ties to the summer vacation village. What secrets and allegiances will be revealed?

 This cuff-to-cuff short sleeve sweater is the first garment I've made for my self in decades, so it's exciting to see it take shape. I've added stripes since I don't have enough yarn of the same color. The picture shows a sleeve with the bunched up part being the left front. The center section is seed stitch. After nine inches of the front, I'll cast on the back stitches then finish knitting one half of the sweater. After knitting the other half of the sweater, I'll graft the pieces together with a seam up the back.
 I am finally using the Rowan Summer Tweed that I purchased at Camp Stitches in Asilomar, California, several years ago. I'm using this color with cream.

This is the pattern picture from  http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/cuff-cuff-sweater where you can get the free pattern.

I'd like to hear about/see what you're knitting/crocheting and reading!

1 comment:

Spinneretta said...

Looks like it will be a lovely, cosy knit :)