Translate

8/17/2011

Yarn Crawl

It's Wednesday! What are you reading? What are you knitting?
Join in at Yarn Along and let us all know!
 
I started a yarn crawl yesterday even though the absolute last thing I need is --you guessed it -- yarn! I received the complimentary tote at the first store and now have the convenient list of stores to tempt, tease, and---ok, it doesn't take much---encourage me to visit yet another yarn shop!

 
The passport is stamped at each store in the crawl. I am consciously trying NOT to be an over-achiever here!
 
The cutie-cute "puppy snips" are a freebie treat from one of the stores along with Eucalan samples, a very appreciated treat.

See my cakes? Doncha love 'em? This is the closest cakes have been to my oven in years!! Really. The cakes are made of Rowan Colorscape by Kaffe Fasset. As for reading, here is a book that I just finished:
Sheer Abandon by Penny Vincenzi

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Fluffy yet engaging story based on the friendship of three women. I know--never been done before. This is an easy summer read, though I must admit I skipped the graphic sections. If necessary, I prefer a few well-chosen words to suggest a scene. It's not that difficult to get the idea! I did enjoy the story which has a predictable, but satisfying conclusion.
View all my reviews

What are you reading and knitting?

1 comment:

Erin said...

I would love to do a yarn crawl! What fun! Enjoy knitting those "cakes".