Translate

8/08/2007

SP11 Questionnaire

Hello to my SP11! I'm looking forward to a fun time with you over the next couple of months of our exchange!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely not like?
I enjoy using different types of fibers and yarns. I prefer not to use acrylics.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Needles—in a hand-thrown pottery pitcher/Hooks—in a case that I received in a swap.
Circs--in a case made for storing them

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?
Since 1962--I learned from books and friends. A "yarn shop lady" helped with assembling my first project, a hooded long-sleeved sweater with a front placket. I wore it for many years!
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Advanced

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, Amazon although I don't know how to set it for another person to access!

5. What's your favorite scent? Yankee candles/natural scents

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Russell Stover milk chocolate

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Crochet
Do you spin? No, I don't.

8. What kind of music do you like? Contemporary Christian music
Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? Yes. I also use iPod.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? I like practically all colors with the exception of orange.

10. What is your family situation?
Dear Husband and I have three adult children and seven grandchildren.
Do you have any pets? Yes, our beloved Max, a very handsome Boxer, who is nine.
Our newest addition is a female Boxer puppy, Lailah, who is about 10-11 weeks old.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves and mittens.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like variety and don't have a favorite. If I see a pattern I like, I'll knit it!

13. What are you knitting right now?
I have many WIPs. I am actively working on scarves for Scarves From the Heart and for the Red Scarf Project.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circs for large projects--Bamboo and Addi Turbos

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, both

17. How old is your oldest UFO? About six years

18. What is your favorite holiday? Fourth of July! Whizzz-BOOM-bang!

19. Is there anything that you collect? Dolls, hand-thrown pottery, owls

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I'd like to make something with Malabrigo Merino worsted--love the new Fall colors of "Apple Cinnamon" and "Vetiver"! I also like the "yarn packs" at One Fine Yarn and would enjoy playing with Magic Garden Buttons Yarn.
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None at the moment. I decided not to renew them since there are so many resources online and in my files. :)

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Not at the moment.

22. Are you a sock knitter? I have made them, but am not really interested in sock knitting.
What are your foot measurements? 10 inches long, 3 ¾ inches wide/Prefer a cotton or cotton/blend

23. When is your birthday? February 26

24. Are you on Ravelry?
According to the info on their site, I calculate that my number will be up by the end of next week!!

25 Other? I'd like to have some beaded or otherwise hand-crafted stitch markers that would fit needles size 10 and higher.

Note to Comedy+ : You are so right!! The WW pic is indeed scrub pine at the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs.
And to other commenters: I am so happy that you enjoy its beauty and form as much as I do!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Isaiah 40:29

No comments: