Translate

5/07/2007

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

I'm leaving in the morning to meet-up with my sister in North Carolina. She has long wanted to spend time at the Biltmore http://www.biltmore.com/ Her husband is not interested, so I, in an act of supreme sacrifice, agreed to meet her there. (I think I suggested it.) We bought passes for two days at the Biltmore and will spend the rest of the week enjoying sisterly fun! The South in springtime will be so beautiful compared to the windy West!


Oh yes I'll be knitting! Nothing like flights and layovers to get a good amount of knitting done. iPod and knitting--I'm good to go---if I stay awake! I usually sleep on planes!
I started the ribbing on the Oat Couture Bistro sweater today. I love the simplicity of this pattern for a cool summer look. http://www.oatcouture.com/patternpages/706Bistro.html
I am using the S. Charles mosaic yarn in a dark red/cranberry color with yellow and teal threads running through it. I just love the yarn---I bought it five years ago!! The pattern too! There will be actual pics when I return from my travels. No time for it tonight.


Blessings to all!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
One who walks with God, always reaches his destination. ---Unknown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, have fun! The Biltmore is only a few hours from me, but I've never been to see it.

I bought that same top pattern last year and haven't knit it yet. I'm glad you're knitting it so I can see how it turns out. :)

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!