Translate

8/28/2012

Truth Like the Sun


• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• Share the title & author

::::::::


I just started Truth Like the Sun by Jim Lynch.  Set in Seattle during the World's Fair in 1962, it brings back memories of when my parents traveled across the country to attend the World's Fair there. I have the sterling silver space needle charm on my bracelet to prove it! Here's a tease:

"This is when and where it begins, with all the dreamers champagne-drunk and stumbling on the head of a needle."

A captivating opening sentence, don't you think?

What are you reading this week?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, that is a nice first sentence :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesday_28.html

Vonnie said...

Head of a needle?

I have two teasers.

~Sara @ Just Another Story said...

I really like the cover of the book. I also really like the first sentence. It's a good start. Thanks for sharing.

Sara @ Just Another Story