Translate

8/21/2012

Teaser ~ The Brutal Telling


• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• Share the title & author

::::::::

My Teaser is from The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny:

" 'All of them? Even the children?' The fireplace sputtered and crackled and swallowed his gasp. 'Slaughtered?' " 

This definitely gave me pause because I do not typically read books with violence. Because I am slowly reading through Louise Penny's "Three Pines" novels, I decided to forge ahead. Penny's writing is so engaging with flashes of humor that I pace myself through her books so they last a bit longer. Of course, the story of the most recent murder in the village of Three Pines further develops information about the residents as we meet new characters, as well.

Have you read any Louise Penny? 

1 comment:

Panhandle Jane said...

I really like Louise Penny. I do, however, listen to the audiobooks. They are great for knitting!