Translate

1/14/2009

Happy Ghan

The youngest of our seven grands wanted a fuzzy blanket, so I crocheted a "Happy Ghan" using close-out "Happy" yarn from Idena along with stash DK in grey/black. I chained with a J hook until the size was right, then mindlessly double and triple crocheted until I used all the yarn.
Since my DS is an Ohio State alum, the blanket is grey and scarlet. The trim is crocheted with Patons Chunky Tweed. I did three bars of triple crochet, chain three, and repeat with 2 triples-chain 2-2 triples in the corners. Little DGS will be four-years-old at the end of the month, so I'll send this off to him with some other happy-birthday gifts.
..................................
But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
~ Psalm 13:5

3 comments:

Lupie said...

Seven grandbabies! You are so Blessed! The blanket is perfect for a baby. Soft and comfy!

Beth said...

I thought "Ohio State" as soon as I saw it! :) It looks really soft.

Hello Hobbies said...

So cute toddler blanket it is. My B'day wishes for little DGS.

Thanks for sharing,
Knitting Patterns