Translate

9/23/2008

The Prince of Nantucket: A Novel

The Prince of Nantucket: A Novel The Prince of Nantucket: A Novel by Jan Goldstein


My review rating: 3 of 5 stars

A pompous Senatorial candidate living in CA grudgingly travels to see his ailing Mother in Nantucket. A divorced ladies' man with a 13-yr-old daughter, Ted Mathieson is summoned by his older sister who has been caretaker of their mother for many years and needs to take a vacation.

Their mother is a great artist dubbed the "Queen of Nantucket" hence the book's title. Ted's hatred for his mother along with his misconceptions based on childhood impressions lead him along a tortuous path that carries the story. Through the depths of his mother's dementia and illness, challenging truths emerge for Ted. This deeply moving story addressed some of my personal challenges. Perhaps it will do the same for you.
View all my reviews.

......................................................
As God’s fellow workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain. ~2 Corinthians 6:1

1 comment:

Lupie said...

Hi new Lesser Know Skein! I love your blog and will visit and comment often.
I belong to your group of retired techers. Idon't post much because I am still teaching but I do read the posts to get an idea of my future.