Translate

6/03/2008

Knitting In The Rain...Just Knitting In The Rain...

What a glorious feeling! I love rain. Always have. I was standing in the open doorway to the deck when I noticed that part of the swing was dry because of the roof over-hang and the lack of wind. I grabbed the cable square I am knitting for the Sampler Ghan. Of course, my water loving assistant, Lailah came along too. Rocking on the swing while knitting and listening to the rain was so relaxing, I decided to run inside to grab my camera.
And returned to find this tangled mess in Lailah's mouth after she had run around the deck table and chairs a couple of times!! Can you relate?


Lailah can look contrite in an instant. She does it several times a day!
As darkness fell, I could barely see my knitting, so I leaned back and enjoyed the pattering rain and creaking sound of the swing for several minutes. So peaceful, beautiful, soothing despite my adventure with yarn and Lailah...again.
<><><><><><>
I will praise your mighty deeds, O Sovereign Lord. I will tell everyone that you alone are just.~ Psalm 71:16

3 comments:

Jane said...

Oh yes, I can relate-the number of times I've returned to find that a cat I used to have, had run off with my knitting. By the time she had dragged it to a safe place, half the stiches would have come off and the ball would be a tangled mess.

Paula said...

LOL!
Oh Dear!
I can soooo relate!
Just yesterday as a matter of fact.
They never learn do they?

Knitted Gems said...

My Jake used to try and steal my balls of yarn. I think he loved how soft and squishy they were. Thankfully, those days are behind us.
I love the sound of rain too. But, it's the cool, wet smell I love the best.