1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I enjoy using different types of fibers and yarns. Would prefer not to have the "fun fur" type of yarn.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Needles—in a hand-thrown pottery pitcher/Hooks—in a case that I received in a swap.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Fresh scents, nothing too sweet like vanilla or florals
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Crochet/I do not spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Contemporary Christian music/MP3--no
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Prefer pastels and brights -- would rather not have dark shades like burgundy, navy, black
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Family=dearest husband, adult children, seven grandchildren/ My sweet dog, Max, a Boxer
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves and hats.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like to make a variety of items and don't have a single favorite.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A tote to be felted, an intarsia afghan, two short sleeve sweaters, probably a couple other items, too!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, swift and winder.
17. How did you learn to knit?
Self taught from books and help from a lady at a yarn shop—mostly on assembling a sweater.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Ohmygosh!! 4 years!
19. What is your favorite holiday?
4th of July
20. Is there anything that you collect?
Dolls, hand-thrown pottery, owls
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I have made socks, but do not typically knit them./ 10 inches long, 3 ¾ inches wide
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 02/26