Translate

6/02/2014

Framed in Lace

Framed in Lace (A Needlecraft Mystery, #2)Framed in Lace by Monica Ferris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A sleuthing needle-arts shop owner is the lead character in this entertaining Needlecraft Mystery series. The author skillfully threads needle craft through the story in a natural way that fits with the action and plot, a feat that is not always accomplished in some cozy series. Monica Ferris' writes with savvy use of misdirection that engages and challenges the reader. FRAMED IN LACE is an entertaining, deliciously crafted story of strength, ingenuity and needle work, of course!

View all my reviews



3 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

Very prosaic indeed! xx

ann said...

Hi Pooch. Thank your for joining the Garden Spot. We are about in the same neck of the woods; we live in Ault just south of the school. I, too, retired from teaching freshman English courses at UNC. I loved my job, but it became a job so it lost some of its fun. And yes, I miss it, but I do like my freedom now. What did you teach? Now to answer your garden questions. We use Round-Up on the bind weed. Sometimes it takes more than one application. We also have a lot of Canadian thistle that we are trying to get rid of. Hen and chicks are so easy. They grow anywhere and once you get them started, they multiply, covering a lot of ground. You will find them at Lowes.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

sounds very interesting! I have a couple of Monica Ferris books in my possession but I haven't read them yet -- this will go on the list!