Translate

9/26/2013

Hemingway's Suitcase

 Visit Rose City Reader to see the opening lines of books and post yours! Mine is from Hemingway's Suitcase by MacDonald Harris.
"1: The Trouble With People
There was a crowd at the Rotonde but they found a table inside looking out through the windows at the terasse and the boulevard. It was five o'clock and already dark."
This book combines fact and fiction to weave a tale about  a lost suitcase containing all of Hemingway's writing at the age of 22. The opening pages appear to be the author's imagining of one of the stories from the suitcase.

From there? I must read on!

: : : : : : :

Turning to page 56 to share at Freda's Voice, we find:
"As you got older, you were no doubt stricken with all sorts of thoughts that you were never again going to do this or that or the other thing again."
: : : : : : :

Would you read on?


7 comments:

Jo @ Booklover Book Reviews said...

Very interesting. I enjoy titles where the author weaves fiction with fact - enjoy.

Vonnie said...

I like the cover. And yes, I would read on :)

My teaser

Elizabeth said...

Very interesting beginning. Some beginning lines aren't that great, but I have seen some really good ones today.

THANKS for sharing.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Book Beginnings

fredamans said...

Not sure it would be for me, but I'd check it out anyway....

Happy weekend!

Lisa Mandina said...

Not sure if I'd read on, but I do like that sentence! Check out my Friday 56

guiltlessreader said...

Long lost letters seem to piece together quite interesting stories :)

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Just stopped by to see how you are doing. I hope you are getting along well. The book sounds very interesting!