Translate

6/20/2013

Astor Place Vintage

Astor Place Vintage: A NovelAstor Place Vintage: A Novel by Stephanie Lehmann
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've just returned from a wondrous journey via Astor Place Vintage by Stephanie Lehman, an ARC that completed transported me to New York City of 1908 and 2008. Simultaneously! My mind wants to linger in the world of horse-drawn carriages and new-fangled motor cars with Olive, the wealthy young woman who has fallen on hard times. And the world of Amanda who operates a vintage clothing store and discovers a diary that links us through time to Olive. We see once again that the essence of humanity in trials and joys is the constant through time and space. Marvelous writing and historical fiction grab me every time! The sense of place and characters placed me amidst it all! 

View all my reviews

No comments: