Translate

3/12/2013

The Aviator's Wife

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences.
• Share the title & author so that others can add the book to their TBR lists!
: : : : : : :
'Welcome back, sir.' The Great Aviatrix saluted my husband and flashed her toothy grin.'
This fictionalized account of Anne Morrow Lindbergh is fact-based and somewhat disturbing to me at 89 pages into the book. At this point, I find "Lucky Lindy" to be an unlikable man. Ann seems to be making all the wrong choices regarding this man. I hope things improve as the story unwinds, however the foreshadowing does not bode well.
: : : : : : :

Every Tuesday is First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or two of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon.  Care to join us? Feel free to grab the image and link your post.


He is flying.
Is this how I will remember him? As I watch him lying vanquished, defeated by the one thing he could not outmaneuver, I understand that I will have to choose my memories carefully now. There are simply too many. Faded newspaper articles, more medals and trophies than I know what to do with, his accomplishments; schools and institutions proudly bearing his name. 
Hoping you'll leave a comment and say hello!
Happy Reading!

4 comments:

Harvee said...

I enjoyed the book and the history behind it. Some have objected to the depiction of Anne as the put-upon wife.

Ann Summerville said...

I have this on my TBR list.
Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I have awarded you the Liebster Award. To find out more head over to my blog http://funkybugsknits.blogspot.com.au/
It's lots of fun!
~ Bonnie.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I have awarded you the Liebster Award. Head over to my blog to find out more! http://funkybugsknits.blogspot.com.au/
It's lots of fun!