Translate

3/18/2013

Liebster Award

Thanks so much to Funky Mom for the delightful Leibster button!! What a lovely surprise!! The Leibster Award is a way to show that we value and appreciate other bloggers. What a lovely thing to do! Be sure to visit her at http://funkybugsknits.blogspot.com.au/

  • After you receive the award from a fellow blogger, you then answer 11 questions sent with the award.
  • Select 11 of your favorite bloggers with less than 200 followers and create your list of 11 questions for them to answer.
  • Leave a message on their blog telling them about the award from you. Direct them to your blog for the award and their list of questions.
  • Urge them to pass the award along to others.
  • Smile all day!!
Here are my responses:

1. Name a place you have visited or would love to visit that is a great inspiration to you.
My visit to Tuscany was very memorable and emotional because of family connections. I treasure  the time I spent there with my sister. The natural light amazed me. It was like a golden haze enveloping the atmosphere in a way I had never seen.

2. Finish this sentence: I create because .......... I can. It's what I do!

3. Tell us something interesting about where you live.
I live in the simply beautiful state of Colorado where the temperate climate and sunny days bless us. The majestic Rocky Mountains cut through the state creating an arid climate to the East and a verdant, lush area to the West. Denver is an exciting city with plenty of activities in sports, the arts, and shopping. Other Colorado cities that I enjoy are Loveland, Estes Park, Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, and Steamboat Springs. Have you ever been to our fair state?

4. What are you reading right now?
I always have two or three books going. At the moment, I am reading It's Classified by Nicole Wallace, Farewell, Dorothy Parker by Ellen Meister, and The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin.

5. Finish this sentence: I couldn't live without........... love. The love of God, from my husband and family, and my friends truly sustains and blesses me every day.

6. What do you like to do for laughs?
I like to spend time with my two sons and all the grands for real fun!  :)  I wish I could spend more time with my daughter.

7. Finish this sentence: I can't wait until someone invents a ............... robot to clean up after my cutie Boxer, Lailah. Enough said.

8. What do you love to cook?
My own recipes, for example, a nice piece of pork with thyme, sage, rosemary, mustard, olive oil, ...well, you get the idea!

9. Most fun you've ever had?
I hope it hasn't happened yet!

10. What do you look for in a friend?
Common interests, kindness, compassion, confidence.

11. Do you ever hand write letters and send them off in the mail?
Not any more. I did enjoy "pen pals" in the dim and distant past!

This is the Leibster button that I will post at the bottom of this page and pass on to the following blogs:



http://andallthatyarn.blogspot.com/

http://crochetagain.wordpress.com/

http://mylifeinflipflops.blogspot.com/

http://lilymaycarol-crazy4yarnandneedles.blogspot.com/

http://chalkygilbert.blogspot.com/

http://pompomsponderings.blogspot.com/

And, dear bloggers, here are your questions from me. Can't wait to read your responses!!
 1. What was the deciding factor that led you to start your blog?
 2. How much time do you spend blogging and reading blogs?
 3. What blogs do you read unrelated to knitting or crochet?
 4. Tell us about your use of Facebook and/or Pinterest.
 5. What is your preferred color palette?
 6. Do you enjoy repeating a given pattern or do you like to make it, file it, and move on?
 7. In what way do you multi-task?
 8. What are your go-to sources for yarn purchases?
 9. Do you have a preferred yarn fiber for your projects?
10. What are you currently reading?
11. Are you tired of answering questions?


2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hello Pooch!
You are SO sweet to include me in your list of blogs for this award. I usually don't do awards. I did at first, but now most of my usual bloggers do not (probably because they've been blogging so long, too!)
I will answer a few of your questions right here!
I've been blogging for four years (gasp!)
I spend about an hour a day reading blogs! (Yikes!)
I buy yarn at JoAnn's sometimes and I like to go to yarn stores (I get sort of overwhelmed by all the fancy yarn!)
I read Attic24 for crochet inspiration and also, Cosy Living.
For knitting, I think Tea and Wooly Socks is my favorite. It seems like almost all bloggers knit and crochet, doesn't it?
I love Pinterest. I use Facebook to keep abreast of my family's doings.
I also love Instagram.
Again, thank you for including me!

bermudaonion said...

Congratulations on your award!