Translate

9/29/2012

Crochet Owl Hats ~ For Babies


 So I'm creating so many items that the wine glasses now have hats, you say? LOL They are the best models I could find for these cutie-cute hats. The genesis of which is that we received word that a new baby will be joining the family in the spring!! Oldest grand and wife are expecting their first!! Yikes!! I can hardly believe it!! Wasn't he just thrilling us by being the first-born grand?? Now he's having a child??! And, and--wasn't his mother, our daughter, recently a mere babe herself??! Time is fleeting, does fly, and all of that!
These little hats are SO much fun to make and work up quickly. Since baby is due in April, the gender is still in question. Not a problem!! I made a boy's version in 0-3 months size and a girlie-girl hat in newborn size. My hope is that dear grandson's child will be the opposite gender of the neighbor's baby due in the winter. We'll see.

Want to make an owl hat or three?? The pattern is free here . I used a size G hook with stash yarn in DK;the pink is a light weight baby yarn. I really thought about what to use for the eyes since buttons are a safety concern and decided that they were safe for a newborn who wouldn't be pulling on them. The mommies will probably cut them off, which is fine, too.

What's your current project?

3 comments:

Annemarie's Haakblog said...

They are so cute! Thanks a lot for sharing at my link party. Hope to see you back again next week.
Enjoy your day!
Best wishes from Holland,
Annemarie

Kay G. said...

I love the owl hats. I could not get the link to work!
Have a nice weekend!

Mereknits said...

These are adorable, and what is weird about wine glasses having hats?
hugs,
Meredith