Translate

5/27/2012

Michael Palmer's THE FIRST PATIENT

The First PatientThe First Patient by Michael Palmer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I finished an excellent book this week, The First Patient by Michael Palmer. First of all, Palmer tells a story in an absorbing way that keeps me turning the pages---even when I am sleepy!

Have you read Palmer's medical thrillers? I am very selective because I do not read extremely violent, blood and guts books. Books stay with me for so long after I've finished reading that I easily can become an emotional wreck!! That said, though I skimmed some descriptions, there really aren't many scenes of that ilk.

The story revolves around the decision of a physician in Wyoming to become the temporary personal care-giver to his ol' college pal, the President of the U. S. Then, wow, what a fast-moving, captivating tale!

Now that I've read it, I'm giving this book to my doctor who is a Palmer fan for obvious reasons, but hasn't read this one.

Can I just say that I recommend this book to anyone who is ready for a good solid story filled with surprises?   


View all my reviews

No comments: