Translate

3/24/2012

On Her Trail by John Dickerson

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or two*) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author." from
http://www.rosecityreader.com/search/label/Book%20Beginnings

"The first time I ever heard my mother sound nervous, she'd been dead for two years."

--from On Her Trail: my mother, Nancy Dickerson, TV news' first woman star by John Dickerson 


While I expected this book to be interesting, I was happily enticed by the delicious first sentence. My expectations climbed as the words teased me to speed my reading. Apart from the bio of his famous mother, John Dickerson writes with great good humor and intoxicating detail.

If you are at all interested in  biography, television news business, the early years of television broadcasting, the movers and shakers in DC, and/or wallowing in the words of an outstanding author, this just might be the book for you!

No comments: