Translate

2/27/2011

A Couple of FOs & A trip to AZ

 I finally finished the Mitered Squares Ghan which has had a long and vivid past! It is made with Cascade 220 and size 8 needles. For more of its inglorious history, click here. To continue in the same vein as the story of its origin, DH and I drove 1 1/2 hours yesterday to meet DS and family for lunch. I was all set to present DGS with his blanket after lunch. Yes I was. He was eager to receive it. An afternoon of shopping and an hour and a half later, said afghan was still in the car. Yes, gentle reader, we forgot! The Mitered Squares Ghan is currently resting on a shelf with the fond hope that it will one day reside in the bedroom of the dear eight-year-old boy for whom it is intended.

My first Prayer Shawl has been finished for several days, but I just haven't taken it to the church yet. I attached a label with care instructions on the small paper that is visible--just tied it on with yarn. I used an H hook and Cascade 220 Heathers for the shawl.

We are getting ready to leave in MoHo this week for Rockies training camp in Scottsdale, AZ. Can't wait to spend time in the warm and green beauty while watching the Rockies at their new training facility. We have tickets for games with the Indians, the Cubs, and the Dodgers. I know we'll have a grand time!


2 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I love that blanket! Nice work.

Beth said...

Yea! Congratulations on finishing the blanket. And your prayer shawl is so lovely!