Translate

10/18/2010

Unisex Scarf

A reluctant model is wrapped in my FO of the day, the Crystal Palace Unisex Scarf. available at http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/scarves/cameo-faggotst-scarf.html

This is a terrifically mindless pattern in faggot stitch that is so pretty. The simplicity of the pattern makes it very easy to adjust the length to your liking. Since I wanted the scarf to wrap a couple of times around the neck, I could hear the scarf screaming, "Give me pretty edging to hang down in front! I mean it! I need edging!" Well, I couldn't ignore that, now could I? So, therefore, and thus, I adapted the trim from Crochet On The Edge by Nicky Epstein. The scarf sighed with pure joy. A little blocking will make the trim even prettier!

I used Bernat Satin yarn and size 10 knitting needles for the scarf and a size H hook for the trim. OK, I have exactly ONE Christmas gift knitted. Wooo-hooo!

Web Site of the Day
http://www.bringfido.com/
........................................................

Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.  ~ James 1:19

No comments: