Translate

7/11/2010

The Last Time I Saw You: A Novel by Elizabeth Berg

The Last Time I Saw You: A Novel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Elizabeth Berg creates distinctive characters in this story of people preparing to attend their 40th and last high school reunion. I found it interesting that someone had decided to end reunions after the 40th, however this limit was necessary to the storyline. The character study of each person and his reasons for attending set the story in motion. We learn about the people and the labels attached to them by classmates in the shallowness of youth. The author cleverly contrasts the depth of character in each of them after 40 years of living. This is a very good story that links to the reader in the commonality of the high school years. FYI: I have never attended a high school class reunion. ;)

If you plan to listen to the audio version, be sure to listen to a sample. I found the author's rendition akin to listening to the trembly voice of a matronly librarian reading at story time.

View all my reviews >>

...........................................

And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  ~ John 8:32

1 comment:

Beth said...

That sounds like a great book! I'm going to have to add it to my list.