Translate

10/09/2009

Li'l Punkins

...and the five little pumpkins rolled and rolled away!
Looks like they landed on our table! I've made hundreds of these over the years for all of my kindergarten students. Now in retirement, I'm at it again for my two youngest grands to take to their kindergarten and pre-K classes. I've used a pattern from www.yarncat.com/jackolanternpin.html for this batch.

The brighter yarn is Plymouth Encore. The lighter orange is GGH Samoa. I used a size F crochet hook with both yarns. A mossy color boucle yarn is knotted on top for the stem. In the past I have stitched the facial features or glued felt pieces for the face. This time I used a black Sharpie marker to draw the features on the yarn. Can we say "faster"? I added an adhesive backed magnet and a pin to the back of each to meet the pin/fridgie part of the pattern name. Soon the li'l punkins will roll into the Dallas area for the kiddies to share with their friends.
...................................
God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
~ James 1:12

No comments: