Translate

4/24/2013

Lap Robe

I was asked to make some lap robes in colors suitable for men for our Prayer Shawl ministry at church. Since I had two balls of James Brett Marble in stash, I decided to crochet this simple "Spicy Delights" pattern. You can get pattern info here. I used a size K hook as specified, but now realize that I could have used a larger size for a more open look in the pattern.

My neighbor gave me some vintage Bucilla "Melody" 50-50 mohair/acrylic yarn that had been in her sister's stash. I used a bit of it to finish this lap robe with a scallop edge. While the pattern calls for fringe, I am not a fringe fan, so I substituted this edging. I pray that this small blanket will bless and comfort the recipient.

                                                                         

3 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hi Pooch! Oh, someone is going to LOVE that! I think the prayer shawl ministries are so wonderful.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

The colors are very pretty as is the pattern.

Unknown said...

Very nice! It looks so soft and comforting. I'm sure the recipient will love it.