Translate

12/06/2011

Teaser Tuesday ~ Trigiani

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
 From Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani :

"Dad adjusted his bow tie like a knob on an air conditioner....My father whisks the inside of his collar with his finger like the inside of a cold cream jar."

This author is all about similes and writes them so well. The visual imagery is evocative of every day actions and situations that place the reader into the events in the story. The charm of this book is not so much the story line as it is the confidently created atmosphere.

Trigiani's books elicit sweetly sentimental memories of my childhood in our Italian family, particularly of my powerhouse Nonna. If you enjoy a good laugh and a cozy read, try Very Valentine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't done my teasertuesady but this is great. I like the description.