Translate

9/05/2006

Suitcase Competition

::drum roll::
What will make it into my suitcase for the trip to Tuscany via Detroit and Amsterdam? ( Let's see what odd northern cities we can land at before we arrive in Rome!) So far I'm favoring capri pants--except for the day in Rome and visit to the Vatican--one evening outfit for night time in Florence, and two pairs of very comfortable walking shoes. Yes, travelers, I know about the cobblestones!

Pic is of some clothes waiting in a spare bedroom, nervously hoping they'll be added to Mr. Suitcase's bounty.




The hungry suitcase awaits! Is it me or is it shrinking by the hour? I mean, where am I going to pack all this stuff??

The traveling knit project has been clearly chosen for the carry-on bag. That would be the bordered feather and fan ghan made with Interlacements hand-dyed Rick Rack yarn. (https://interlacementsyarns.com/index.asp ) The hands-down favorite for this journey because

a- It's on circs.
b- It's light weight.
c- It's an easy, repetitive pattern.

However I do fear for Miss Feather-Fan's adaptation since she has never flown before. Additionally, she has not been man...er.....woman-handled for many, many months!
Poor dear, she'll be fine and if she's smart, she'll remain untangled!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


Sent to me by my friend, Gayle.

Four jobs I have had in my life:
1) Kindergarten Teacher
2) First Grade Teacher

3) Fourth Grade Teacher
4) Community College Adjunct Faculty

Four movies I could watch over and over:

1) Chocolat
2) Most Johnny Depp movies
3) Something's Gotta Give

4) ??

Four places I have lived:

1) Newport, Oregon
2) LaCrosse, WI
3) Logan, UT
4) Leetown, WV

Four places I have been on vacation:
1) Ontario, Canada
2) Northern Mexico

3) Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4) Inner Passage of Alaska



Four Websites I visit:

1) www.klove.com
2) www.cnn.com
3) www.paperbackswap.com
4) www.christianwomenonline.net

Four of my favorite foods:
1) shrimp scampi

2) pasta with butter and parsley
3) my homemade minestrone soup (from my Nonna's recipe)
4) caprese (tomato and soft mozzarella with olive oil)

Four places I'd rather be right now:
I'm happy right where I am.


I hope you will post your answers on your blog and leave me a comment telling me so! I think these short ones are fun to read!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Snippets from the Word" in the side bar led me to the beautiful Psalm 118 this morning. Reading this on my deck with the comfortable weather and gorgeous sky caused me to praise and thank God for the blessing of life and the knowledge of God's unchanging love. His great love endures for us forever...and ever. I love the beautiful song that reflects Psalm 118. Sing praise!

The Lord is with me

  • to free me from anguish
  • to protect me against any man
  • to help me to triumph over spiritual enemies
  • to offer refuge and trust.

The Lord has saved me from death and opened the way for salvation.
v.24 This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
v. 29b ...His love endures forever.

Jesus is the capstone of salvation--holding us together. Sing praise!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

In the end, what affects your life most deeply are things too simple to talk about. ---Nell Blaine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Packing is no fun! I once took a trip to England and took way too much stuff! It looks like you're packing more lightly than I did. Have you traveled internationally before?