Translate

6/27/2014

Be Careful What You Wish For ~ Jeffrey Archer

Do you read books by Jeffrey Archer? I get absolutely lost in his writing--so lush, so rich, so enveloping. I am now reading Be Careful What You Wish For, the 4th book in the Clifton Chronicles series with so many twists and turns that I have to pause and take a deep breath every now and then! Will the Barrington Company go forward with building and launching the new ship, The Buckingham? Who will have controlling shares in the Barrington Shipping Company? Does Jessica learn the identity of her biological parents? Read on. Read on!



"Sebastian tightened his grip on the steering wheel of the little MG. The lorry behind him touched the bumper and jolted the car forward, sending its number plate flying high into the air. Sebastian tried to advance a couple more feet, but couldn't go any faster without running into the lorry in front of him and being squeezed between the two of them like a concertina." 

http://www.rosecityreader.com/


 What will you be reading this weekend?

2 comments:

Claudia {Sparrowhawk} said...

I am not sure if I would read this book, but your take on Jeffry Archer's writing has me hooked. I love rich and lush writing that gets me absorbed and taken away into different worlds. I'll look into his books! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Sparrow's BB & Friday 56

Katherine P said...

Great beginning! I'm not sure I've ever read any Jeffry Archer some how. I will definitely have to give him a try. I've heard raves and I like the style of the excerpt.